ADULT ANGER MANAGEMENT
Counselling for Anger related concerns
We provide a confidential service for residents of
Ashton, Leigh & Wigan ages 16 and over. There is no charge for this service.
What is Anger?
Anger is an emotion that we can all feel from time to time. It is a normal and primary emotion to feel, that is often hard to accept for the person experiencing it and the people around them.
Research has shown that:
- Almost a third of people polled (32%) say they have a close friend or family member who has trouble controlling their anger.
- More than one in ten (12%) say that they have trouble controlling their own anger.
- More than one in four people (28%) say that they worry about how angry they sometimes feel.
- One in five of people (20%) say that they have ended a relationship or friendship with someone because of how they behaved when they were angry.
- Fewer than one in seven (13%) of those people who say they have trouble controlling their anger have sought help for their anger problems.
- 84% strongly agree or agree that people should be encouraged to seek help if they have problems with anger.
Mental Health Organisation: Boiling Point Report 2008:
Signs you may be suffering from anger
You may notice your anger in your thoughts, emotions, behaviour, and even how you feel physically.
Thoughts – you may find things are always on your mind such as: obsessive thinking or about how unfair something is
Emotional – Often you may have feelings alongside your anger such as: depression, stress, frustration or guilt.
Behaviour – you may find yourself doing things like: shouting, or lashing out
Physical – you may feel things in your body such as: chest pains or shaking
How can counselling be of benefit to you?
The benefits of being able to reduce and manage anger can impact on feelings of wellbeing, sustained relationships, and feeling in control.
If you believe you could benefit from this service please contact us.